ASTM A234 WPB Standard Specification
- This specification covers wrought carbon steel and alloy steel fittings of seamless and welded construction covered by the latest revision of ASME B16.9, B16.11, MSS-SP-79, MSS-SP-83, and MSS-SP-95. These fittings are for use in pressure piping and in pressure vessel fabrication for service at moderate and elevated temperatures. Fittings differing from these ASME and MSS Standards shall be furnished in accordance with Supplementary Requirement S58 of Specification A 960/A 960M.
- Optional supplementary requirements are provided for fittings where a greater degree of examination is desired. When desired, one or more of these supplementary requirements may be specified in the order.
- This specification does not cover cast welding fittings or fittings machined from castings. Cast steel welding fittings are governed by Specifications A 216/A 216M and A 217/A 217M.
- This specification is expressed in both inch-pound units and in SI units. However, unless the order specifies the applicable “M” specification designation (SI units), the material shall be furnished to inch-pound units.
- The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the SI units are shown in brackets. The values stated in each system are not exact equivalents; therefore, each system must be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in nonconformance with the specification.
Chemical Composition (%) of ASTM A234
Mechanical Properties of ASTM A234
|Tensile Requirements||WPB||WPC, WP11CL2||WP11CL1||WP11CL3|
|Tensile Strength, min, ksi[MPa]||60-85||70-95||60-85||75-100|
|(0.2% offset or 0.5% extension-under-load)||[415-585]||[485-655]||[415-585]||[520-690]|
|Yield Strength, min, ksi[MPa]||32||40||30||45|
Get In Touch Now
- line pipe
- boiler tube
- machinery pipe
- carbon steel pipe
- alloy steel pipe
- gas cylinder tube
- pipe for structure
- weathering steel pipe
- stainless steel pipe
- pipe fittings and flanges